Mike Guerrero

If it's San Soo related, but you don't know where to put it...

Moderator: San Soo Sifu

Mike Guerrero

Postby San Soo Sifu » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:48 pm

Mike Guerrero,
You speak a lot about the time you spent with Mr. Frank Woolsey, and Grand Master Jimmy H. Woo. I assume that after the Frank Woolsey Real Kung-Fu Studios closed down, that you made the trip to El Monte, California to learn directly from Grand Master Jimmy H. Woo (since you seem to quote Jimmy H. Woo so much).

Should we add your name to the list above as an American San Soo first generation master? If so, what year did you receive your Master's ranking from Grand Master Jimmy H. Woo? If you did not actually receive your Master's ranking, what was the highest ranking that you did receive from Grand Master Jimmy H. Woo?

Sincerely,
Jon Surritt
(Please make a note of the correct spelling of my name.)
Hit First...Hit Hard...Hit Often...and Finish Him Off!
San Soo Sifu

meaningless

Postby Arythmnmaker 1 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:09 am

Hi Jon Surritt,

Actually, I believe I have answered this question before somewhere. As I have stated, being a so-called "master" doesn't equate to ability on the street, even Grand Master Jimmy H. Woo stated that many of his own first generation masters were not fighters, "They have a lot of lessons, but they don't have the heart of a fighter." When Jimmy H. Woo told me there was no such thing as a Master in Kung-Fu San Soo, and that he had made it up; I no longer wasted my time on that pursuit. Grand Master Jimmy H. Woo's signature on a piece of paper no longer meant anything to me from that point on; it was worthless, from my perspective.

I will not get into the very personal content of my discussions with Grand Master Jimmy H. Woo, when I was the only person I know who was fighting for money, and he knew this, using Kung-Fu San Soo. However, he acknowledged my ability by saying that in his opinion, I was a virtual studio fighter, and mediocre in my technique; which is my true essence. As I mentioned before, if you want to get on the mat with me, I will be happy to show you what I mean.

Best regards,
Mike Guerrero
Arythmnmaker 1

Please clarify your meaning...

Postby San Soo Sifu » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:00 pm

Mike Guerrero wrote:I don't have time to get into this now, I have rehearsal, but let's get on the mat.

As I mentioned before, if you want to get on the mat with me, I will be happy to show you what I mean.

To do what? Play tiddlywinks? Play checkers? Discuss Kung-Fu San Soo techniques, forms, and mechanics? Attempt to beat me to a bloody pulp?

Please clarify your meaning to your, twice now, posted pseudo-threat.

See next to my screen name... It says that I live in Salem, Oregon, USA.

I am not that difficult to find. If you are ever up in my neck of the woods, you are more than welcome to send me an email ahead of time, and let me know your itinerary.

P.S. If I understand you correctly (and please correct me if I am wrong); you hold no ranking from Grand Master Jimmy H. Woo?

P.S.S. No one ever asked you to divulge any personal and private conversations that you may have had with Grand Master Jimmy H. Woo.
San Soo Sifu

Internet warrior speaks...

Postby Arythmnmaker 1 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:55 pm

Hi Jon Surritt,

To get on the mat to workout in a realistic sparring session. That is a long way to Oregon, from California, for me, quite inconvenient too. However, what if I offer to pay for your plane ticket for this next coming weekend, the 28th, and we can meet privately, just you and me. You won't have to email me though, I wll give you my telephone number, so we can expedite the process. What say you, up for a little old fashion, tough, old San Soo workout! Please let me know at your earliest convenience, so I can begin making the arrangements.

Grand Master Jimmy H. Woo said he would give me a degree for each period of time I spent with him training, I chose to take from his knowledge, understanding, and experiences, not the accolades. By that time I had even discontinued wearing any type of accepted garb. He understood, and never brought it up again.

Again, from my perspective, rankings do not equal real understanding and street-effectiveness.

To explain my points more fully, would mean, I would have the need to use Grand Master Jimmy H. Woo's words to bring more light on the subject of belts, rankings, and misconception of knowledge and time equal San Soo effectiveness. Just look around, and you will find plenty examples of what I am talking about.

Anyway, if you would please send me a notice when you post any references to me. It is the right way to handle things, wouldn't you agree; otherwise, it might appear I am not responding. Thanks for that consideration.

Best regards,
Mike Guerrero
Arythmnmaker 1

Telephone number?

Postby San Soo Sifu » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:27 pm

Mike Guerrero wrote:That is a long way to Oregon, from California, for me, quite inconvenient too. However, what if I offer to pay for your plane ticket for this next coming weekend, the 28th, and we can meet privately, just you and me. You won't have to email me though, I wll give you my telephone number, so we can expedite the process. What say you, up for a little old fashion, tough, old San Soo workout! Please let me know at your earliest convenience, so I can begin making the arrangements.

Spoken like a true Internet warrior. If you have the money to pay for a plane ticket for me; then you have the money to pay for a plane ticket for yourself. What makes your time and convenience any more (or any less) important than my time and convenience? You made the challenge, so to speak. You "man up" and make the journey up here, or shut up and drop your pseudo-threats.

You didn't leave a telephone number.

The system here on the American San Soo message forum will notify you when someone posts to you; if you go into your control panel and adjust your settings to receive notifications.

Old San Soo workout? No, either you and I calmly discuss San Soo principles, or we "dance." No baloney, half-stepping, in between stuff, where I "place my life in your hands" to workout, and then you take a cheap shot. (And please forgive me for believing this Mike Guerrero, but you seem exactly like the type of person who would do so.)

Nice Christian values there, Mike Guerrero.

P.S. I will send you a Private Message through the system here, and give you my cell phone number.
San Soo Sifu

Got any pictures?

Postby San Soo Sifu » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:47 pm

Mike Guerrero wrote:Grand Master Jimmy H. Woo said he would give me a degree for each period of time I spent with him training, I chose to take from his knowledge, understanding, and experiences, not the accolades. By that time I had even discontinued wearing any type of accepted garb. He understood and never brought it up again.

So, you don't have any ranking from Grand Master Jimmy H. Woo? Do you have any pictures of yourself standing with / next to Grand Master Jimmy H. Woo? (In any context, you know, just hanging out together; or maybe the two of you posing for the camera, etc.?)
San Soo Sifu

I have no pictures...

Postby Arythmnmaker 1 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:50 pm

Hi Jon Surritt,

I have no pictures of Mr. Frank Woolsey and me, either; so does that mean I never studied with him? I know, what I know; which isn't much.

Also, I just checked; no cell phone number, yet.

Best regards,
Mike Guerrero
Arythmnmaker 1

Too noble for belt rankings & certificate promotions?

Postby San Soo Sifu » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:04 pm

Mike Guerrero wrote:Sunday, September 2, 2007 - 11:42 a.m.

In 1981 I went to see Grand Master Jimmy H. Woo, and speak with him regarding belt rankings. A friend of mine, and I were discussing the rank of "Master" in Kung-Fu San Soo, and I said that my belief was it had nothing to do with true street fighting ability. Grand Master Jimmy H. Woo caught me totally off guard with these words, "There is no such thing as a "Master" in Kung-Fu San Soo; and no black belt either. I make it up, bad idea, I always regret it. I train all my life, I am not a Master. Master means you know everything. How I know everything about Kung-Fu San Soo? It take thousands of years to perfect. How I learn all in one life time? Mastery comes from experience." From that day forward, I never wore a belt, or a gi, again.

Mike Guerrero wrote:Friday, September 7, 2007 - 12:28 p.m.

In 1975 Mr. Frank Woolsey closed his corporation of Kung-Fu Studios. I was the manager of his Huntington Beach, California location. My friend, and fellow manager of the Orange studio, Mr. Ernie Armstrong and I promptly opened up our own studio in Anaheim, California. To continue our training, we contacted Grand Master Jimmy H. Woo, and he extended an invitation to participate in the Saturday afternoon classes.

Mike Guerrero wrote:Monday, September 10, 2007 - 02:57 p.m.

In 1975 was the year I first had the great privilege of meeting Grand Master Jimmy H. Woo. He allowed me to come to his fighting school in El Monte, California and participate in his Saturday black belt classes.

So, let me get this straight; you first started training with Grand Master Jimmy H. Woo in 1975, after Frank Woolsey closed down all of his studios? You trained hard-core, non-stop with Grand Master Jimmy H. Woo for six years until 1981; before you found out from Grand Master Jimmy H. Woo, himself, that he "made it all up regarding belt rankings & certificate promotions?" After 1981, you became too "noble" for any more belt rankings or certificate promotions? Even though for six years (1975-1981) you never received any belt rankings or certificate promotions from Grand Master Jimmy H. Woo? You didn't advance any at ALL in degrees of black belt? You don't have any pictures of yourself standing with / next to Grand Master Jimmy H. Woo? I am sure that you kept on training hard-core, non-stop with Grand Master Jimmy H. Woo from 1981 until Jimmy H. Woo's death in 1991. In fact, I am certain that you were sitting at Grand Master Jimmy H. Woo's death bed on February 14, 1991; where Jimmy H. Woo revealed the true secret of Kung-Fu San Soo, to you. Grand Master Jimmy H. Woo's final lesson to you was a single sentence, explaining what the true meaning of Kung-Fu San Soo is: beyond the techniques, beyond the physical capabilities of a Kung-Fu San Soo practioner. Grand Master Jimmy H. Woo said it was only for the one who was truly ready to understand what Kung-Fu San Soo is about, and what it represents. And of course, Grand Master Jimmy H. Woo promised the ancient Kuan Yin training manuals to you also; because you are such a swell guy, and you were one of Jimmy H. Woo's inner courtyard, inner chamber, inner circle, and most trusted disciples.

Mike Guerrero wrote:Also, I just checked; no cell phone number, yet.

Check your Private Messages (PM) here on this forum. Look under the AmericanSanSoo.net directly at the top. See the menu? See the one for messages? Click on it. You will find two Private Messages (PM) that you have not read, yet.

Mike Guerrero never did end up calling me; nor will he ever. Of course, if he ever makes the stupid lame excuse of "losing" my cell phone number, I am sure that he can always ask his new-found best friend forever (BFF) Ron Gatewood for it; seeing as how I KNOW that Ron Gatewood would never lose it or misplace it since he likes to leave those really "brave" voice mails for me and my family.

People like Mike Guerrero and Ron Gatewood (as well as some other "special" individuals) cannot discuss and/or debate their points of view with logic, reason, and common sense. So, they start with the insults; which they soon find out that they can "dish it out," but they certainly cannot "take it in return." Then, after being publicly shamed with their own brand of idiocy, and their bi-polar medications wear off (or the booze kicks in); they like to make an "Internet name" for themselves by throwing around "Internet challenges" that they know they will never be brave enough to follow through with in person.
San Soo Sifu

Return to Miscellaneous