Time to take a rest!

If it's San Soo related, but you don't know where to put it...

Moderator: San Soo Sifu

Time to take a rest!

Postby Ron G » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:11 am

I have tried to pass on what I have learned in Kung-Fu San Soo, always taking the time to talk to all that have called, freely giving information; however, it has become very unfulfilling because people are not as interested as we were, when we started. I would have given anything to have a 52 year of experience senior in the class that I could talk to, seek advice, clarify information, etc.

I offered a program of "Survival Tactics" on this site, and had plans to go into all areas of combat survival. I asked to let me know if anyone wanted to go on. There was no feedback, none, nada, not even I liked it, or did not like it, not a question.

I could say more, but you get the point. In two days I will be 74 years old, and quite frankly, I am tired of beating the same old dead horse. I have been thinking about this for quite awhile, and have decided that it is time to retire. I may do something later on, but right now I don't feel like it. I would like to finish a book I started years ago. I just don't know, we will see. I will read what is going on, and post on occasion. I have a lot of thinking to do, but I also feel it is the right decision.
Keep punching,
Ron Gatewood
Ron G

Re: Time to take a rest!

Postby hargist57 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:59 pm

Ron,

If I am not mistaken, you are the only 1st generation master who continually and regularly posted here. You have given many years to the Art... and many, many years into the research that filled your books.
Over the past 4 or 5 years, I have tried to established contact with a few other masters and none of them gave me a reply. I tried to join a 'forum' from another San Soo web
site and my request to join was denied. But you Ron, you gave me your time and more.., and I really have appreciated all you have done with me. I am sorry that I could not / cannot do more than I already have. There is so much to learn.
What you say about there is no interest and things are not the same now as they were 30 years ago... Joe has told me pretty much the same thing.
I hope you do continue to monitor the postings within American San Soo and you continue to give your views and thoughts.
Oh and Happy Birthday.

Ted
de oppresso liber
hargist57

Return to Miscellaneous