Think I'm Banned from IKFSSA Forum?

If it's San Soo related, but you don't know where to put it...

Moderator: San Soo Sifu

Think I'm Banned from IKFSSA Forum?

Postby unstpabl1 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:53 pm

:o I tried to post twice to the forum last week... Nothing controversial at all, but they never appeared. No explanation. Feel like an outlaw! :D
unstpabl1

Join the group!

Postby sansooafc » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:07 pm

Being banned from that group is not very hard to do.

They ban folks for not being just like them.

Or, if you ask a question, and forget to give your full rank and serial number; then you get peppered with all kinds of ridiculous questions about who you are and where you study and from whom.

The best is when they accuse you of doing something, and then when you try to defend yourself they do not post your response.

It is just a wonderful place to get banned from.
sansooafc

Yahoo forum

Postby Timothy » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:10 pm

I think there might have been some problems with the Yahoo forums? But I am not sure about that; being that I was banned from the IKFSSA a few months back. I posted a link to a Chinese fight promotion called "Art of War," and I was kicked for that? Oh well, life goes on.
Timothy

Postby unstpabl1 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:47 pm

The discussion was about adding sparring to it, or a degree of it, anyway. How do you add resistance training to it. My post was to the effect that Russian Martial Art Systema trained from contact, or the strike, on out. You learn how to take a punch, absorb it, and use it from day one. I know Schlomo has incorporated it into his stuff.

The reason I mentioned it is, having played in both systems (although very limitedly); I thought some of the training methods of Systema might be worth looking into, for the Kung-Fu San Soo guy looking to add more of a degree of sparring to his training. Yet, still be safe.

It is not a new idea, as I posted about it here a long time ago.

Could be a problem with Yahoo, but I doubt it. Dale Garrison had the same problem, and posted about the problem, to let posters know what was up. Plus, other posts have gone through.

I am not upset about it. I think it is kind of funny; but really sad, at the same time. When you allow your world to become that insulated, then everything becomes a threat. It is sad because being that commited to tradition, just for traditions sake; kills all growth.

It doesn't matter to me because I mostly lurk now. I wouldn't even do that; but I think Kung-Fu San Soo has much to offer.
unstpabl1

Return to Miscellaneous