Possible signatures?

If it's San Soo related, but you don't know where to put it...

Moderator: San Soo Sifu

Possible signatures?

Postby San Soo Sifu » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:16 am

As most anyone who has spent time on the Internet knows that my signature has been since 1999...

"Hit First...Hit Hard...Hit Often...and Finish Him Off!"

(You can find it at the bottom of all my posts.)

However, lately I have been saying to my student's the following...

"Coordinated Whole Body Power." (CWBP)

And...

"Extemporaneous Improvisation."

And today, I wrote the following...

"Either you believe that the future is getting bleaker, or growing brighter. I choose to believe that the future is growing brighter."

What is your (possible) signature? Do you have one? What would you consider using? Why?
Hit First...Hit Hard...Hit Often...and Finish Him Off!
San Soo Sifu

Extemporaneous Improvisation

Postby San Soo Sifu » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:09 pm

Vincent Radcliffe wrote:What do you believe are the greatest strengths in the Kung-Fu San Soo system?

built upon the belief that...

沒有根基沒有功夫
No Foundation, No Kung Fu
Mut6 Yau5 Gan1 Gei1, Mut6 Yau5 Gung1 Fu1
(Cantonese; Hong Kong)
Mei2 You3 Gen1 Ji1, Mei2 You3 Gong1 Fu1 (Mandarin; Beijing)

Or, to sum it up another way; one must first "know the box," to then be able to "work outside the box."

Here is my personal slogan for our studio tee-shirt...

Jon Surritt wrote:No Foundation, No Kung Fu
Know Foundation, Know Kung Fu

Sounds pretty good, huh?
:mrgreen:
San Soo Sifu

San Soo -- When You're Tired of Phony Kung Fu!

Postby San Soo Sifu » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:50 am

San Soo Sifu wrote:San Soo

When You're Tired of Phony Kung Fu
San Soo Sifu

Origins of my quote

Postby San Soo Sifu » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:13 pm

San Soo Sifu wrote:From: San Soo Sifu (SANSOOSIFU) 6/14/1998 3:19 pm
To: Ben Hogan (BHOGAN) (17 of 17)

The origins of Kung-Fu San Soo come from the Kwan Yin monastery. Grand Master Jimmy H. Woo's Great-great-great grandfather left the monastery, and he took two of the fighting manuals; he then began teaching his family members. Jimmy H. Woo, himself, began learning at a very young age; and became well-known as a real fighter in China. He came to the USA to escape the Japanese. Kung-Fu San Soo is direct, brutal, and no-nonsense. When people finally grow tired of the all the phony Kung Fu garbage out there (Wu Shu; traveling Shaolin monks, which are nothing more than performing artists similar to Cirque Du Soleil, etc.); then, and only then, will San Soo be understood and appreciated as the true fighting system of Kung Fu, that it is.
San Soo Sifu

Postby San Soo Sifu » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:56 am

Practicing Kung-Fu San Soo is similar to learning how to type on an old fashioned Smith-Corona typewriter. At first, it is difficult, and it takes a lot of practice. After you learn all the keys on the typewriter, and practice with repetition, repetition, repetition (repetition is the ancient Chinese secret to Kung-Fu); then the typewriter keys don't seem so overwhelming. You practice, you look at your text to type, and it all begins to flow. Your typing speed starts to increase. Your typing accuracy starts to increase. You feel more confident in your typing skills. Learning Kung-Fu San Soo works the same way. Learning the typewriter keys is the same as learning human anatomy striking targets. As you practice with repetition (the ancient Chinese secret to Kung-Fu); you begin to develop speed in acquiring your human anatomy targets. You also begin to develop accuracy in acquiring your human anatomy targets. You begin to flow in your strikes; in Kung-Fu San Soo. It all starts to develop on a sub-conscience level (some refer to this as "muscle memory"). And finally, if you try to type TOO fast on an old fashioned Smith-Corona typewriter, you will accidentally jam-up the keys. Just like in Kung-Fu San Soo, if you try to go TOO fast; you will jam-up your OWN body, and you will actually REDUCE (not increase) your speed, accuracy, and flow.
San Soo Sifu

"Live and learn from fools and from sages"

Postby San Soo Sifu » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:57 am

If I respect you, then I will learn from you (and give credit where credit is due). If I don't respect you, then I will gladly, and gleefully, steal any good ideas that I find useful (and of course, present them as my own). A true master knows that one can learn from both friends & sages; as well as enemies & fools.
San Soo Sifu

Re: Possible signatures?

Postby San Soo Sifu » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:19 pm

Memorization is the starting point on the path that ultimately leads to "Extemporaneous Improvisation" (Zen -- mind of no mind) by using "Coordinated Whole Body Power" (proper body mechanics). "Let your mind use your body."--- Jimmy H. Woo
San Soo Sifu

Return to Miscellaneous